RESOURCES | LMC Policies
Our library is equipped with:
- 5 desktop computers
- 25 Laptops for use in ES classsrooms
- An LCD projector and screen
- Standard multimedia equipment
- A printer/scanner/photocopier
- N—Gr. 1 students may borrow 1 book for a 7- day loan period
- Gr. 2 students may borrow up to 2 books for a 7-day loan period
- Gr. 3—5 students may borrow up to 3 books for a 7-day loan period
- MS/HS students may borrow up to 5 books for a 14-day loan period
- Parents may borrow up to 5 books for a 7-day loan period
- Library materials may not be borrowed over school breaks or holidays
- Students and parents may not borrow any form of teacher resource
Classifications. Our library is organized with the following classifications:
BB Board books
E Picture books
E Early readers
J Chapter books (approx. Gr. 2—5)
YA Novels (Gr. 5-8)
F Novels (age 14 & up)
REF Reference (stays in library)
DVD DVDs (teachers only)
PRO Professional (teachers only)
Notices and Losses
- Overdue notices are distributed to ES parents by email each Tuesday. An item is considered lost if it has been missing for four weeks past due date.
- Overdue notices are distributed to MS/HS students by email each Tuesday. The third notice, however, will also be sent to parents. An item is considered lost if it has been missing for four weeks past due date.
- Lost materials and those damaged beyond repair are billed according to IAA Business Office’s policy. The amount billed covers the entire cost including shipping, re-ordering, cataloging, labeling, etc.
The library is a place of learning and an extension of the classroom where reasonable noise is to be anticipated. When students are studying and reading, a quiet atmosphere will be expected.